Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Getting back into the swing of things

There just isn't enough time in the day to do everything that I'd like to get done. There's school, laundry, dishes, fixing meals (I hesitate to call what I do "cooking"), exercise, reading & commenting on the ECN, keeping up with what's going on in the lives of friends & family through SMS, Facebook, Twitter, reading my library books and attempting to return them without TOO huge of a fine, watching TV shows or movies or playing WoW, blogging, updating and responding on Goodreads, church, game night, doctor's appointments, grocery shopping, paying bills, and oh yeah, let's not forget eating, showering, and sleeping!

It's no wonder that I haven't updated this site in months. *sigh*

I've started exercising again. There are Zumba classes in my parents' neighborhood, and I actually enjoy it, which is really nice, because on the whole I haaate exercising. It's unpleasant and uncomfortable and usually boring. Zumba at least isn't boring. It still feels like work, and it's quite challenging, and I feel very self-conscious about my coordination, but I like dancing and music so it's not too bad. Plus I'm kind of middle-of-the-pack in how good I am at learning & performing the choreographies, so I don't feel TOO clumsy, or like I'm showing off.

The down side is that I haven't lost ANY WEIGHT. And it doesn't seem like it's affected my size at all, either, which I know is not supposed to be as important, but hey, that's what I care about. Weight is just a number. I have noticed that I can do more before I wear out than I could when I started. But I'd really like to be able to wear my favorite outfits again and there's been ZERO progress in that area, and it's been almost a month. It's quite discouraging.

I've started bellydance classes again as well - I quit going for a few sessions because I was spending, like, ALL MY TIME trying to get the stupid yearbook finished. *glower* We're starting a new fanveils choreography that looks pretty darn awesome if I do say so myself.

Ok, gonna post this now cuz I has food & it's time to EET! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment