Monday, February 6, 2012

Nothing More Than Feelings

I've got bunches to do today, so this will probably just be a stub for now. Anyway.

Whoever wrote the Jedi Code was an idiot.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

In fairness, this isn't the only version of the code, but it's the only one (that I've heard) in the new MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic. And one of the elements of the original stories - and the later ones - that I miss in the game is the exploration of philosophy. While I've enjoyed learning to use interrupt actions and finding out how the gathering/crafting system works in this game, the story options are heavy-handed and clunky. More than once I've found myself wishing I had a good tabletop group instead.

However, in the absence of that, SW:TOR will have to do. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment