Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Discipline Update & Freewrite: July 27

Oo, I tired.

After struggling through my unit sequence yesterday, I was all jumbled up inside. It didn't help that it was raining and the internet connection was spotty (though I'm not sure why; it's not like we have satellite internet or anything).

I just had this knot of tension right below my solar plexus. And the tension kept spreading. My stomach tightened and I was slightly nauseous; I could feel stiffness in my upper back. I tried to do some slow, deep breathing, but it was like there was this silk cord tied around my ribcage. My lungs just would not expand that last 25% or so. I even went for a walk IN THE RAIN to try to burn off some of that nervous energy. Didn't help much.

Bless his heart, I have the best husband in the world. Night before last, the Hunk made brownies for me (of course he had some too!) and last night he was visiting friends and came back early because when I called to ask him to bring me something on his way home he could tell I was upset.

It's frustrating, because I need to be able to sleep through the night. (I woke up around two.) I mean, I'll probably be able to nap later today, but supposedly that's just not as healthful as getting a full night's sleep. And it makes me mad, because it's not like there's anything to DO at 3 AM anyway!

I'll probably put dishes away here in a bit and then when it hits 9:00 I'm going to call the doctor and ask if he has any suggestions. Besides alcohol - it helps, but I can't go around perpetually tipsy!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better, Clix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am! sleep is suuuuch a marvelous thing. I love sleep. Mmmmm. ^.^

    ReplyDelete