Thursday, November 4, 2010

Good Habits - November 4

So I fixed oatmeal for breakfast and I brushed my teeth. Everything was going well up until the senior group photo. THEY WERE AWFUL. Ugh. Worst group photo I've ever supervised. Good gravy. So then when my second-block students had leftover junk food from another class I made a bit of a pig of myself. Tasty, though.

Today's prompt is Sartre said "Hell is other people," while Streisand sang, "People who need people are the luckiest people in the world." Which is right? Why?

This is supposed to be a prompt for a college application essay. I figure colleges want to hear you say that you agree with Streisand. They don't want students who are misanthropic because you're going to be around people all the time and if you're miserable it might make the other paying customers unhappy and less likely to continue paying. So insert some blather here about how everyone needs community. Oo, a good place to reference Donne's "No Man Is An Island" schpiel.

It looks like they're finishing up - by the time I get the writing prompt up and then they start writing and I take attendance and put that in the computer as well as in my notebook and check for SSR books and ask those who don't have them about them well ZOOM... it's very nearly time to quit writing anyway.

Hope to dance tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment