Wednesday, September 15, 2010

And We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun...

... 'til they take me out of ISI!

ISI stands for In-School Isolation. It is my absolutely favorite duty, and I am NOT being sarcastic. What I love about it is that it's an hour of nearly-uninterrupted peace and quiet. I've got probably about forty students in here - the group was so large that they moved it from a classroom to the auditorium - and other than a few flareups and the occasional reminder to keep feet down or to quit talking, things have been pretty ... well, FUN!

I know. I'm a terrible person. But good gravy, kiddoes! Just wear jeans that don't have holes all through them. You've known for over a month what the dress code is. So quitcher b*chin and just SIT. Mwahahaha!

Seriously. This is more peaceful than my classroom during my planning period. Granted, I have to keep my eyes open and look around a good bit. But I got all my emails sent out to the club sponsors. I didn't get my grading finished, but it's at least started. My department cohorts keep coming in... dunno if it's to check on me or on my lovely little Gremlins.

It just seems so hilarious, because they complain SOOOO much about how much work we have in class. And then in here, where quite often teachers haven't yet been informed (so there's nothing to do) they're just MISERABLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment