Friday, September 24, 2010

Good Habits - September 24

Hoo boy, I'm tired. I don't know if I even slept at all last night. Journalism just started and the prompt is "What is the most important thing you have learned from school in the last four years? Why?"

I told them that the most important thing I had learned was that work is much more pleasant when you like the people you're working with.

I've got to get the supplement printed out and get some help proofing that. I had someone offer to help and it just needs a new set of eyes. Ditto for the newspaper. I also need to call the printer and make sure we can send it Monday and get it back by Wednesday.

The Journalism students are doing bookwork. I'm SO tired.

English II is nice and quiet. They're all playing catch-up. I think after lunch I'm going to offer them a chance to get some extra credit by writing DonorsChoose thank you letters.

I feel like I'm cheating. By the time I get students settled and working on THEIR freewrites, and I take attendance and review the lesson plan, I only have a few minutes to write. So it's just kind of a jumbled bit of nothing that goes here.

Oh well. I guess kind-of-nothing is better than ACTUAL nothing, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment