Saturday, August 21, 2010

Good Habits - August 21

I really don't feel like writing. I don't want to write. I hate this. Plus also I know that I ought to write a reflection of how my first week back at school went. So it feels like this is kind of redundant.

My hair is almost completely gone. I got my first two wigs yesterday, then we came home and hacked away at my hair until it was longish stubble, then took a straight razor to my head. It was amazing how much hair I still had when it was only an inch or two long. The back is now completely shorn and it feels amazing. I love running my hand over my naked scalp. It just loooves to be petted. Well, with the grain, anyway. Against the grain isn't painful; it just isn't as ahhhhhhh as being petted the "right" way.

The dark red wig is super-cute. We went out to eat last night and I had the best hair in the restaurant! Whee! The blonde one is probably not going to work, which is a bummer. The roots are teased to give it more volume, and as a result it's kind of an un-style-able mass. Mess? It falls in my face and if I try to pull the front sections back, it's really easy to see the false hairline.

And I also tried on Nana's wig. It is little-old-lady hair, and the tag says it's synthetic so I don't think it can be dyed. Alas, no blue hair for me unless I buy one that comes blue (I'm NOT shelling out for natural hair and then dyeing that). Anyway, I think it's adorable. It is SO FUNNY because it's very obviously a little-old-lady wig but... I don't know, I think I pull it off pretty well.

Sometime today I should hear about my other one, but it might not be in until Monday. I'm kind of hoping for today, because I'd like to wear that one to the hafla tonight if it looks good. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment