Monday, August 2, 2010

Discipline Update & Freewrite: August 2

So it is now after 9 on Monday and I still haven't heard a peep from any of my doctors. I would really, really, REALLY like to have some answers about my continuing therapy. I don't want to have to wait another two weeks before somebody decides to tell me SOMETHING, and then end up waiting even LONGER to actually DO something about it.

Why yes, I am a little disgruntled.

Teachers return to school a week from tomorrow. Hopefully I will be sufficiently recovered that I can move boxes and whatnot without too much trouble.

To-do for this week: proof and submit the pages for the supplement; check the nameplate list & submit that; finish at least the lesson plans for units 2 and 3, and sketch out an overview for units 4-7.

I really don't have much else that I feel like writing about.

Hm. I guess you can get used to anything. I have a tube sticking out of my side (where they did the surgery) that feeds into this little bulb - it's like a clear version of those things that suck snot out of baby noses. Only (thankfully) the stuff in it doesn't look like snot. If it did, I'd be pretty freaked out.

So four times a day I have to dump the bulb into a measuring cup and record the amount of the liquid it collected. And then the rest of the time I have to make sure that the tube isn't pinched and the bulb is squished so that it keeps the suction going.

The other annoying thing is that since I feel like I have to be incredibly careful with my arms (otherwise I get stabbed with pain) I haven't washed my hair in days. UGH. Gross. So that's on the to-do for today. We're going to see if the beanbag chair lines up well with the tub. I'll let ya know how that goes.

Met my word count! Woot!

Image thanks to http://www.sutree.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment