Monday, August 16, 2010

Good Habits - August 16

Today I'm going to go with the 15-minute writing rule as a cap, JUST IN CASE. It's the first day back with students and of course I don't want to be LATE. So at six-fifty I'm posting, whatever happens.

I realized just this morning that while I completely revamped my curriculum for Journalism I, I didn't do a darn thing to the syllabus! Oo, I need to throw my muffin wrapper away. Oops. And I should really be packing my bag up. At least I already let the puppy out to pee and put food and water in his dishes.

See, this is why I don't write. There are just too many other things to do. I don't know if I want breakfast or not. I'm just a little hungry, but I know I'm also nervous and excited, and goodness knows that if it ratchets up much farther I'm going to be glad of an empty stomach. I wonder if I have any of those white macadamia Luna bars left. Then I could take that with me and nosh on it if I calmed down.

Um.

Our dept chair texted me and said she was making something special. I bet it's Oreo truffles. Ommmm, those are SO SO GOOD! But then again, if I don't have something in me and I nosh on THOSE they'll probably send me bouncing off the walls with all that sugar!

They're made by crushing up Oreos and mixing the crumbs with cream cheese. Then you roll that mixture into little balls and dip the little balls into melted dark or white chocolate, and then finally drizzle the tops with the other color so it contrasts. MAN, they're good. I mean, I prefer cream cheese as a savory rather than a sweet, and I love 'em.

I bet I made my word count early! Let's see.

308, heck yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment