Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Discipline Update & Freewrite: August 4

So I go to the plastic surgeon again tomorrow. Hopefully he'll remove my drain! I'm not really all that happy about how long reconstruction will take.

The Hunk made breakfast for me this morning. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband.

And I am also glad that I have insurance. We are paying some of my medical bills and HOO BOY. Let me tell you, surgery is not cheap.

Today mom and I are going to go shopping for wigs and mastectomy stuff. I need to remember to tell the plastic surgeon that I will need a prescription for any prosthetics or other special gear in order to have it covered by insurance.

And my first chemo appointment is tomorrow. I wonder what that's going to be like.

We are also going to go by the school to see if I can get my NCTE trip approved. That way I can tell the chemo lady it's a done deal and they can schedule my appointments around it. I've got my fingers crossed.

I'm starting to drift off here. I'm in the comfy chair, there's just enough ambient noise to be soothing, I has a soft pillow tucked under my arm, my feet are propped up.... ahhh. Plus since we'll be out and about today I did take a pain pill before breakfast. Those make me drowsy.

I wonder if I've met my word count yet. Somehow I doubt it.

Hey, 242! That means that by the time I finish this sentence, I'll be done! YAY!

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, I hate that you have to go through all of this. I'm glad you've got the Hunk and your mom there for you (they both sound wonderful), 'cause it's just too far for me to come take you wig shopping. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what was weird? There weren't any prices listed anywhere!

    ReplyDelete